Learn why a prescription is required to access unapproved medicines.
TheSocialMedwork provides access to medicines specifically on the Named Patient Import basis (read more about it here - EMA website), which means that we work for the patient in cooperation with their treating doctor. In order to successfully support you with access to an elsewhere approved medicine, we need a prescription from your treating doctor in your home country.
Please note that as part of our protocols we might reach out to your treating doctor for verification. By sending us your prescription you allow us to do so.
Here is a prescription guideline that you can share with your treating doctor to ensure that your prescription includes the right and complete information.
The prescription should include:
- The treating doctor’s details and official letterhead;
- The date on which the prescription was written;
- The patient’s name and date of birth;
- The name of medicine, its strength and quantity;
- The doctor’s signature and official stamp.