Make your work count
We are a dynamic, multicultural and mission-driven healthcare startup, located in the heart of Amsterdam on the beautiful Herengracht.
TheSocialMedworkis a social enterprise that helps patients gain access to the latest medicines to fight diseases like cancer, MS, ALS, or Alzheimer’s. Medicines which are not available in their own countries. Patients browse these medicines via our online platform, and then contact us to organise the purchase, importing and shipping.
- Job Title: Office Manager / Personal Assistant to CEO/COO
- Department: Staff
- Location: Amsterdam
- Position: Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Date: ASAP
- Report to: COO
As our Office Manager and Executive Personal Assistant, you will be the lynchpin of our dedicated team. We are a small team of 24 people, including healthcare professionals, lawyers, creatives and marketing professionals - all from countries across the world. We set out to achieve our goals no matter what, because our work makes people's lives better.
Your role is to help us grow the team and contribute to our successes. We want you to make us and all of our guests and supporters who visit us always feel ‘safely at home’ in our office. Furthermore we want you to support our Leadership Team, and occasionally our ‘people’s business’ (HR) and our ‘money’ (bookkeeping). As you are a ‘helper’ and team-player you will always answer any questions that either one of us may have, provide us with helpful information, support us where appropriate or, even better, solve the problem.
As our Office Manager you will help create an atmosphere based on our values. You are our Culture-Champ. You are empathetic, professional and a team player. You have great interest in health and wellbeing, and helping people is what energizes you on a daily basis. As the PA for the CEO and COO you make their life's easier.
This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
Tasks and Goals:
- ‘Take care’ of our 'home', our team-members and our Leadership Team as required.
- Take care of our guests.
- Take care of and organise our ‘house-keeping’, including food and office supplies as we have a daily lunch.
- Take care of our files
- Supporting with preparations of meetings (copies, presentations, location bookings etc.) and travels
- Communicate with external stakeholders as a true ambassador of our mission and values.
- Support our CEO on all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support our COO to further develop procedures and systems enabling further scaling-up our organization, business and team.
- You are energetic and positive
- You are a passionate professional
- Solution oriented and result-driven
- Great organisation skills
- Experience with MS Office
- An eye for hospitality and details
- Exceptional communication skills, and an ability to proactively support our Leadership Team who have to deal on daily basis with difficult and urgent situations
- You’ve a curious mind that never stops to enjoy learning
- Emotional resilience and the ability to cope in emotionally difficult situations
- You live and breath our values, and are committed to the ambitions and mission of TheSocialMedwork
- You want to change the world!
- Previous experience working with driven teams, within a health/social environment or in first class hospitality or customer service is highly desirable.
- 5 Years of experience as an office manager or PA.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written). Dutch as a second language would be advantageous.
- Living in or willing to move to Amsterdam is a ‘must’.
If this seems like the job for you please send your CV and motivation to Katrin Schepp at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Office Manager and PA.”