Make your work count
We are a dynamic, multicultural and mission-driven healthcare startup, located in the heart of Amsterdam on the beautiful Herengracht.
TheSocialMedwork is a social enterprise that helps patients gain access to the latest medicines to fight diseases like cancer, MS, ALS, or Alzheimer’s. Medicines which are not available in their own countries. Patients browse these medicines via our online platform, and then contact us to organise the purchase, importing and shipping.
- Job Title: UX / UI Manager
- Location: Amsterdam
- Position: Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Date: April
You 'live' UX - and can't wait to get your hands on shaping the future of a truly pioneering platform that makes a real difference to people across the globe. You're experienced and ready to step forward and invent and innovate. The ideal candidate is a fluid team player, believes in our mission, sees the potential we have and is chomping at the bit to help mould it into reality. You'll be able to take initiative, but also build consensus. We're a fast moving social healthcare startup that is funded and ready to make a leap forward.
UX/UI Manager Job Description
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) and user interface designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of our web platform and secondary satellite apps and sites to ensure a great user experience, continuously developed and evidence-based. So UI experience is necessary.
You will be solely responsible for the UX design process and helping direct the creation of a platform that balances accessible high-value medical information with sublimely easy to use commercial pathways that anyone can understand. You'll help turn our platform into an experience that complements the life-changing impact our service makes on people's lives.
In this self-standing role you will be expected to have empathy for the platform users, a deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD) and strong analytical abilities. The position will require an understanding of technical limitations as well as how to handle and integrate business strategies and goals, backed by a knowledge of different technologies.
You are driven, a team player, take initiative and you’re passionate about our mission to change the world.
This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, including experience designing successful e-commerce solutions.
- User Interface Design experience - relationship to brand, graphic-visual, frontend design.
- Ability to work with internal teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet our needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Willingness to occasionally create some basic digital marketing materials or direct a junior designer in their creation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Be up to speed with the UX industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- An ability (work permit) to work in the Netherlands.
- An ability to travel abroad if required.
- Living in, or willing to move to Amsterdam.
- Fluent in English or a native English speaker
- Able to start ASAP.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject “UX Manager”.
We are TheSocialMedwork. A pioneering service working towards building an open-door to health and wellbeing for all, because health creates freedom, wealth and opportunity. Our current mission is to build a world-class global web platform that is accessible to all and enables people to easily find, understand and buy the latest approved medicines from anywhere in the world. We are the only enterprise in the world doing this today. We have already beaten expectations and are now fully invested in fast growth. Every person we help represents a life made better.