Who we are
TheSocialMedwork is a scaleup in the pharmaceutical sector. We help patients and companies worldwide to get access to medicines that are unavailable in their countries. We are a dynamic, multicultural and mission-driven social enterprise, located in a beautiful building in the heart of Amsterdam, on one of Amsterdam’s most beautiful canals. Our team members are engaged and ambitious, and we cherish the pioneering spirit.
Who you are
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on sales director who is driven by creating social impact. You have relevant B2B and B2C experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare sector and know first-hand what it means to be in direct contact with patients, doctors and pharmacists. While you have proven to be successful at managing and strategising, you also enjoy to take an active part in the sales process yourself. You have international experience and you’re an excellent relationship builder and networker. You understand what it means to work at an innovative scaleup, in a fast growing multicultural team, who love what they do.
- Job Title: Head of Sales
- Department: Sales and Customer Support
- Location: Amsterdam with frequent travel
- Position: Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Date: ASAP
- Report to: COO
As our Head of Sales you are responsible for sales, support, business development and partnerships. Our clients come from 75 countries worldwide, roughly half of our revenue is B2C while the other half is B2B. We have set ourselves ambitious growth targets and you are the primary responsible for reaching them.
You will manage a team of 7, including sales and support managers, business developers, and a portfolio manager. All your colleagues are highly skilled professionals, driven by creating long-lasting social impact, two of them are MDs. It is your responsibility to get the most out of your team and make every employee better.
You will be part of the Leadership Team, further consisting of the CEO, COO, Head of Marketing, Head of Sourcing and Logistics and Head of Tech. Together you decide on the strategy of the company.
You will further build and maintain a global network of hospitals, clinics, pharmaceutical companies, wholesalers and distributors, patient organisations, patients, and key opinion leaders. While you are based in Amsterdam, you will have the opportunity to frequently travel to meet your partners and close deals.
- You will lead and own all our Sales, Customer Support and Business Development activities to drive revenue
- Ability to understand our clients’ needs and requirements (pharma and healthcare professionals as well as patients) and translate these into profitable solutions for both clients and companies
- Oversee, lead, train, and get the best out of a dedicated and highly skilled team of sales, support and business development professionals in Amsterdam
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Manage and grow key accounts
- Design and implement Sales strategies both B2C and B2B for various regions in the world
- Manage partnerships and alliances and activate them to maximise mutual benefit
- Optimise and further streamline the daily operations of your team as well as the collaboration with other teams
- Maintain relevant knowledge to be able to level with your clients and design relevant offerings
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to further develop the business
Competencies and experience
- Commercially savvy
- Passionate, professional
- Driven by creating social impact
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good understanding of intercultural communication
- Independent, self starter
- Solution oriented and flexible
- Responsible. Lives and breathes our values, and commit to the ambitions and mission of TheSocialMedwork
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) and at least one other language
- 5-10 years international sales experience in the pharmaceutical sector or healthcare
- Demonstrated successful experience working for a startup or in another hands-on environment
- University degree in business administration, economics, or similar. We also consider persons with a healthcare or pharmaceutical background
What's waiting for you
- An entrepreneurial and multicultural team with a flat, hands-on organisational culture and a ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality with energizing and fun international colleagues
- An opportunity to play an important role within a mission driven scaleup with ambitious goals and actively shape its future
- 25 days holidays/year
- Great office in the city center of Amsterdam
If this sounds like the job for you, don’t hesitate to send your resume and motivational letter to email@example.com with the subject “Head of Sales", for the attention of Katrin Schepp.