Pulmonology is the branch of medicine that deals with respiratory diseases.
What are respiratory diseases?
Respiratory diseases affect the tissue and organs that enable us to breathe, including parts of the lung (the alveoli, bronchi, bronchioles, and upper respiratory tract, trachea, pleura and pleural cavity) and nerves and muscles for breathing. This category includes chronic respiratory diseases, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD) such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema. COPDs drastically impact breathing. Common symptoms include breathlessness, the sensation of feeling the need for air, excessive sputum production, and a chronic cough. The WHO states that 3 million people a year die each year from COPDs. Common risk factors include tobacco smoke, air pollution, occupational chemicals and dusts, and frequent lower respiratory infections during childhood.
Which medicines do we provide for respiratory diseases?
Browse medicines that have been approved for specific respiratory diseases by clicking on a specific disease. If a medicine has been approved by at least one reputable medical authority in the world and is not available in your country, you may be able to purchase it via our service; we may be able to source and deliver it to you if you can provide a prescription from your doctor.
- Kaftrio (elexacaftor/tezacaftor/ivacaftor; ivacaftor)Cystic Fibrosis€16,348.80
- Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone furoate/umeclidinium/vilanterol)Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma€923.00
- Lucaftor (lumacaftor/ivacaftor)Cystic Fibrosis€3,730.82
- Breztri Aerosphere (budesonide/glycopyrrolate/formoterol fumarate)Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease€780.00
- Trikafta (elexacaftor/tezacaftor/ivacaftor; ivacaftor)Cystic Fibrosis€31,500.00
- Tonil (clenbuterol)Asthma€98.62
- Symkevi (tezacaftor/ivacaftor)Cystic Fibrosis€6,996.95
- Kalydeco (ivacaftor)Cystic Fibrosis€8,981.09
- Symdeko (tezacaftor/ivacaftor)Cystic Fibrosis€44,424.00
- Orkambi (lumacaftor/ivacaftor)Cystic Fibrosis€13,192.48