Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
About duchenne muscular dystrophy
It is the most prevalent neuromuscular disorder, affecting up to 1 out of 3,600 male births worldwide1. Symptoms usually appear during in early childhood, between the ages 3 and 5. The disease primarily affects boys, but can also affect girls as well2, although this is quite rare. The standard therapy that can delay DMD progression is based on corticosteroids. The two mainly used in DMD are deflazacort and prednisone/prednisolone1,3.
1. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: From Diagnosis to Therapy
Falzarano, M.S. et al., Molecules, 2015.
2. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
MDA, cited on 13/03/2018.
3. Diagnosis and management of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, part 1: diagnosis, and pharmacological and psychosocial management
Bushby, K. et al.,The Lancet, 2010.
- Viltepso (viltolarsen)Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy€1,298.31
- Vyondys 53 (golodirsen)Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy€277,200.00
- Viltolarsen (NS-065/NCNP-01)Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy€1,298.31
- Exondys 51 (eteplirsen)Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Calcort (deflazacort)Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy€13.60