Make your work count
We are a dynamic, multicultural and mission-driven healthcare startup, located in the heart of Amsterdam on the beautiful Herengracht.
TheSocialMedwork is a social enterprise that helps patients gain access to the latest medicines to fight diseases like cancer, MS, ALS, or Alzheimer’s. Medicines which are not available in their own countries. Patients browse these medicines via our online platform, and then contact us to organise the purchase, importing and shipping.
- Job Title: Front-end web developer
- Department: Tech team
- Location: Amsterdam
- Position: Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Date: ASAP
- Report to: Director of Technology
As our ambitious Tech Developer you'll be working with our Director of Tech, Full Stack developer, UX/UI Designer, and Digital Marketer. You will work closely with your respective team members to fully understand the business needs, and will be responsible for the process until the product/project is live. You are an outstanding front-end web developer with e-commerce experience ready to implement innovative design and layout of our website, responsible for converting ideas and designs into code. You will be refashioning everything from the home page to product and category pages to user-interaction paths from enquiry to check-out. In close cooperation with Marketing and Product, you bring our website/shop to the next level, improving the ease of use for our most vulnerable customers, the patients. You are driven, a team player and also able to work independently and as part of a small team. You can take initiative but also build consensus and are ready to grow.
- Write well designed, beautiful, testable, efficient code by using software development best practices
- Cooperate with UX/UI designer to match visual design intent
- Create and revise design (code) and functionality of site headers, banners, navigation, product category, product detail, checkout and CMS pages
- Create website layout/user interface using vendor libraries and tool, as well as standard HTML/CSS/JS
- Assist in optimizing our site for page speed and user experience
- Assist other teams responsible for marketing, CMS content, inventory, order management, accounting and customer support
- Code and deploy applications in a cross-platform, cross-browser environment
- Gather, create and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
Requirements and competencies
- 2+ years in a similar role with real-world e-commerce experience
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML5, CSS3, JS and mobile-first, responsive design principles
- Knowledge of Magento 2 is a big advantage but not required
- Ability to work with UX/UI designers and experience with design handover tools, for example Zeplin, InVision or similar
- Ability to work with backend developers
- Work in a modified-Scrum team, producing appropriate documentation concerning ongoing tasks, timelines and finished solutions
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Advanced troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Living in, or willing to move to Amsterdam area
- An ability to work in the Netherlands (work permit)
- This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
What's waiting for you
- A full time role and the opportunity to grow
- 25 days holidays as long as you promise to come back!
- An entrepreneurial and multicultural team environment with a flat, hands on organisational culture, and a ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality (lunch, drinks, fun)
- An opportunity to be part of a startup and grow
- Doing something impactful
- Energising and fun colleagues
Should this sound like an interesting challenge and you are keen to make a difference please send a motivational letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, fao. Dan Colllier.