B2B Business developer / Sales trader (pharmaceuticals)
Who we are
TheSocialMedwork is an established startup in the pharmaceutical sector. We help patients and companies worldwide getting access to medicines that are unavailable in their countries. We are a dynamic, multicultural and mission-driven social enterprise, located in a beautiful building in the heart of Amsterdam, on one of Amsterdam’s most beautiful canals. Our team is international, engaged and ambitious, and we cherish the pioneering spirit.
Who you are
You are a savvy business developer with multiple years of hands-on trading experience in the pharmaceutical sector. You enjoy chasing leads and closing deals with buyers and sellers and get energized by having success. You use your existing network and creativity in order to connect sales leads with sourcing opportunities. You like the idea of working at an innovative startup, in a fast-growing multicultural team, who love what they do.
- Job Title: Medicines Trader
- Department: Sales and Sourcing
- Location: Amsterdam
- Position: Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Date: ASAP
- Report to: Head of Sourcing and Logistics
As our Business developer / Sales trader, you are responsible for growing our global wholesale trade business. You build up and manage a client portfolio mainly consisting of pharmaceutical wholesalers and distributors and know whom to approach for which product. You create new business opportunities and are able to quickly transform these into revenues. You’re mostly on the phone, on WhatsApp or sending emails, and of course, you will visit promising contacts worldwide as needed. Together with our talented team you will also play an important part in further developing and rolling out our global B2B sales and sourcing strategy. You are a networker, a master in relationship management and enjoy being in touch with people – with the commercial goal of driving sales.
You will be part of a team which consists of a mix of persons with medical and or business background. We very much like to collaborate as a team but your role also requires that you’re comfortable working independently. While the objective is to generate strong leads and sales, a big part of your work will also be to find the best suppliers and connect the two with each other.
- Build up and actively nurture a network of wholesalers both on the buying and selling side
- Chase leads, connect the dots, close deals
- Realize revenue targets
Competencies and experience
- Result-driven and action-oriented
- Commercially savvy and strong business skills
- Relevant negotiation experience
- Good understanding of intercultural communication
- Independent, self-starter
- Solution oriented and flexible
- Responsible. Lives and breathes our values, and commit to the ambition and mission of TheSocialMedWork
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Required Education / Experience
- 3-8 years international sales/trading experience, preferably within a pharmaceutical wholesalers' environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a startup or other hands-on environment.
- University degree in business administration, economics, or similar. We also consider persons with a healthcare or pharmaceutical background.
What's waiting for you
- An entrepreneurial and multicultural team with a flat, hands-on organizational culture and a ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality with energizing and fun international colleagues.
- An opportunity to play an important role within a mission-driven startup with ambitious goals and actively shape its future.
- 25 days holidays/year
- Great office in the city center of Amsterdam
- Salary consisting of fixed basis and a revenue-based component.
If this seems like the job for you please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “B2B Business Developer", for the attention of Daan Weijsenborn.