Senior UI/UX Designer
Join a dynamic, multicultural and mission-driven social impact startup with real potential. Our
fast growing team works from our modern office based in the stunning historic heart of
Amsterdam, on one of the most beautiful canals. Currently we’re looking for a Senior UI/UX
Designer with a strong product design portfolio (web, mobile, app, responsive).
You 'live' UI/UX design - and can't wait to get your hands on shaping the future of a truly
pioneering platform that makes a real difference to the health of people across the globe. You're
experienced and ready to step forward and invent and innovate. The ideal candidate is not only
a marvellous designer, he/she believes in our mission, and sees the potential we have. We’re
looking for someone that is champing at the bit to help mould it into reality. You'll be able to take
initiative, but also build consensus. We're a fast moving healthcare startup that is funded and
ready to make a leap forward.
What you’ll be doing
You'll help turn our platform into an experience that complements the life-changing impact our
service makes on people's lives.
Focus on user-centered design principles to create intuitive and highly functional web,
visual, and interaction design.
Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces.
Help shape the brand design and translate the brand look and feel to all our digital touchpoints (owned, earned and bought media).
Create UI/design guidelines and ensure standards are followed during the development and maintenance of the product/site.
Monitor and analyse customer journey for UI/design suggestions ready to be agilely implemented
Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to agree on a design that supports both, the business and a strong user experience.
Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests with users.
Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including, but not limited to developers, marketing experts and sales analysts.
Ability to quickly prototype designs in tools such as InVision (or - alternatively - your own weapons of choice).
Create low/medium/high fidelity wireframes.
Translate wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing interfaces.
Contribute to planning and daily stand ups with our team.
Proactively recognize UX/UI gaps in design and propose solutions.
Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
You are driven, a team player, take initiative and you’re passionate about our mission to change the world.
This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
You'll be working in a funded and fast growing startup environment with many opportunities to create real social change while expanding your personal and professional development.
You will be part of the product team and report directly to our Director of Product.
Who we’re looking for
- You understand best practices in product design.
- You have an expertise in current trends for UX/UI design and data visualisation.
- You leverage new technology, find unexpected ideas, and push the boundaries in
solving UX/UI problems with continued innovation.
- You articulate user experience design issues effectively.
- You present and justify design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables
to peers and stakeholders.
- You effectively deliver complete screens and create assets.
- You understand that access to medicines needs to be translated into all our interfaces
and you can design accordingly - meeting double-A accessibility standards.
- You can instruct frontend engineers on built an in co-creation and add value to the
design in terms of animation/transitions.
- You can effectively manage and direct (junior) designers/production artists to complete
graphic design of - for example - social media posts, product packaging and print.
- 7+ years digital design experience in a commercial software product company, design firm, or consulting firm with a proven track record to be demonstrated in a portfolio - e.g. on Behance or presented to our team personally.
- Mastery of user-centered design principles and practices.
- Mastery of UI design, including but not limited to, concepts, prototypes, data
- Experience in creating sitemaps, wireframes, and customer journeys.
- Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Excellent organisation skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
- Expertise in standard UX/UI software such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop)
OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, Framer, and the like is a must.
- Sketch for UX/UI design is a must for other tooling you can choose your own weaponry.
installed all your browser extensions to quickly analyse the situation :).
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things design and innovation (and latest trends).
- An ability (work permit) to work in the Netherlands.
- An ability to travel abroad if required.
- Living in, or willing to move to Amsterdam.
- Fluent in English or a native English speaker
- Able to start ASAP .
How to apply
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject “UX/UI designer”, fao Ellen van den Berg.
Who we are
We are TheSocialMedwork. A pioneering service working towards building an open-door to health and wellbeing for all, because health creates freedom, wealth and opportunity. Our current mission is to build a world-class global web platform that is accessible to all and enables people to easily find, understand and buy the latest approved medicines from anywhere in the world. We are the only enterprise in the world doing this today. We have already beaten expectations and are now fully invested in fast growth. Every person we help represents a life made better.